Today at THE CORNER CAFE: A Tasty Collection of Short Stories, there's a special new guest... a dog? And good thing!
I'm sharing an excerpt of my story. In "Perfect Timing," a rescued pup helps cafe owner Gina Mason find love and thrwart a would-be robber. See excerpt at my Candid Canine blog.
** BUY: for Kindle --- #2 in Short Stories!
The Corner Cafe: A Tasty Collection of Short Stories features assorted stories set in or around The Corner Cafe by 15 authors.
(See blog tour schedule in previous post.)
** BUY: for Kindle --- #2 in Short Stories!
Stories and authors are:
* "The Catfish Enchantment" by Marian Allen: Cosmo’s father deserted the family and died unforgiven, his mother is sinking into depression, he’s started cutting himself to relieve the pain, and his boss suggests…a tattoo?
* In "I Wanna Get Off Here," by Shonell Bacon, a bus driver with a dream to write must first unchain herself from a relationship and inner thoughts that keep her hopes from coming to pass.
* In "What's Next" By Karen Casey Fitzjerrell, a young woman who sees herself drifting aimlessly through life, hires a crop dusting pilot to fly her over the Gulf of Mexico in the middle of the night and is enlightened by "What's Next" in her life.
* "The Eyes Have It" by W.S. Gager: Crimebeat reporter Mitch Malone hates going to church, but when he gets rooked into speaking to the Bible-toting ladies, he may be facing the devil himself as he investigates the prayer group's missing purses.
* "Gila Monster" by Helen Ginger: Neree parked her beat-up truck, Gila Monster, in the senior parking lot, hoping it'll still be there at the end of school. Instead, she finds an unexpected possibility...
* "One Last Run" by Helen Ginger: When a couple ski a black diamond run in a blizzard, the truth of what happened is in the blood.
* * In "Saturday Night Special" by Dani Greer, a jaded old codger learns it's relationships old and new that make the Corner Cafe a treasure, not just the down-home cooking.
* Also by Dani Greer: When Mick decides to apply for "A New Job," he discover one too many damning things about the Corner Cafe manager.
* Also by Dani Greer: Nell Crisp likes the ambiance and Wi-Fi at the Corner Cafe, but little does she know it will be her "Home Away From Home" when the police pay a visit.
* In "Since You Left" by S.B. Lerner, a young lawyer is unsettled by a phone call from an old boyfriend, and forced to make a decision.
* In "The Consequences of Breaking and Entering" by Audrey Lintner, Goldilocks gets an update and her comeuppance."
* In "What Nice Blessings" by Morgan Mandel, tragedy strikes a young adult, testing her courage and teaching her the value of friendship.
* "The Closing of the Corner Cafe" by Morgan Mandel describes the rise and fall of a cherished eating establishment.
* "Over the Threshold" by Maryann Miller mixes a bit of Raymond Chandler noir with "The Twilight Zone."
"* Love Song with Holsteins" by Bodie Parkhurst is about Halloween, magic, Russell the dairy bull, love, and the private memorials we make to it.
* "In A Face in the Window" by Mary Montague Sikes, can Arianna ever forget the tragic loss that changed her life, especially on the 10th anniversary spent in a museum where memories lurk in the art and later among the shadows of the Corner Cafe?
* In "You Can't Be Too Careful" by Bob Sanchez, George prepares for the expected Y2K catastrophe.
* In "Living Well," Red Tash gently pokes fun at the Star Trek fan culture and the ups and downs of long-term love, in the fan-favored setting of This Brilliant Darkness' Corner Cafe.
My story: * In "Perfect Timing" by Christine Verstraete, a rescued pup helps cafe owner Gina Mason find love and thwart a would-be robber.
Blog Tour: The Corner Cafe: A Tasty Collection of Short Stories by the BBT Cafe writers including Christine Verstraete
Most towns, big or small, have that special place, the restaurant, diner,
The Corner Cafe, where friends and neighbors gather
for coffee, pie and some chit-chat.
The Corner Cafe: A Tasty Collection of Short Stories follows that concept, offering stories by 15 authors set in or around the Corner Cafe.
(See story descriptions.)
*** BUY: for Kindle ***
Find out more about the stories, and authors,
via the stops below during the month-long blog tour.
The Corner Cafe Blog Tour
June 4 Blog Book Tours Kick-off Blog Book Tours Kick-Off
June 5 Bob Sanchez
June 6 Red Tash
June 7 Bodie Parkhurst, Magic Dog Press
June 8 Heidi Thomas
June 11 Marian Allen
June 12 W.S. Gager
June 13 Candid Canine - Chris Verstraete
June 14 Helen Ginger
June 15 Kathy Wheeler hosts Christine Verstraete
And read an excerpt of my story "Perfect Timing" at my blog
June 18 Morgan Mandel's Double M
June 19 Pat Bean
June 20 Shonell Bacon
June 21 Alberta Ross
June 22 Karen Casey Fitzjerrell
June 25 Pat Stoltey
June 26 S.B. Lerner
June 27 Maryann Miller
June 28 Mary Montague Sikes
June 29 Stephen Tremp
The Corner Cafe: A Tasty Collection of Short Stories, stories by 15 authors including Christine Verstraete
New fiction collection! Assorted stories set in or involving The Corner Cafe.
The Corner Cafe: A Tasty Collection of Short Stories by 15 authors including Marian Allen, Shonell Bacon, Karen Casey Fitzjerrell, W.S. Gager, Helen Ginger, Dani Greer, S.B. Lerner, Audrey Lintner, Morgan Mandel, Maryann Miller, Bodie Parkhurst, Bob Sanchez, Mary Montague Sikes, Red Tash, and Christine Verstraete.
In my story, "Perfect Timing," a rescued pup helps cafe owner Gina Mason find love and thwart a would-be robber.
BUY: for Kindle
Blog by Chris Verstraete - author, award-winning journalist, miniaturist. I love dogs, too. It's all good.